Friday, July 08, 2005

Confessions of a conservative cook



When it comes to cooking, it seems like I am a hard core conservative. I hardly venture out from the original recipe and make all efforts to follow the recipe as it is. Although I want to try out risky recipes,atleast that look risky, I almost always chicken out from trying them. Satish is very different from me in the fact that he always try to innovate something in the dishes we make, although I try my best to deter him from those efforts. And also, I cannot say that all innovations has been entirely successful.

It is raining heavily and the first thing I did this morning was to go and get my beach permits. "Not much of a day to be at the beach",said the old lady at the counter. I got back home and was reading some of the blogs when I read this post by Heidi. Raw food? Ok...I have heard of salads, but this pie or tart as she likes to call it was totally mind boggling for me. That is when the realization that my cooking life is awfully boring and conventional hit me. Suddenly I want to break loose and make something truly innovative and artistic but alas it is raining outside and I don't feel like going out right now.

So thank you Heidi for motivating me and I have promised myself to go out and buy the stuff for this awesome looking tart.


Picture courtesy of japanesecentral.com