Monday, January 09, 2006

Treasures from home



Had a lot of catching up to do after my vacation. It was a very hectic 3 weeks but time well spent. Got to eat food cooked by someone other than me and S and it was such a bliss! Havent cooked anything so far to blog about..so I thought I might share with you some of the stuff that accompanied me from India.

First and foremost the star of the show is homegrown vanilla bean. For the first time in my life I saw how a vanilla plant looks like, certainly not what I imagined. It is a climber and has long vines that needs to be supported. Hope to write more about vanilla in a seperate post.
Then I brought this clay pot called 'chatti' in Malayalam. I am proud of my packing skills that I was able to bring this over intact. This is excellent for making fish curry.

Then I brought a filter coffee maker. Dont really know how to use it...could use some help here.Also there are loads of plantain and jackfruit chips...