Friday, March 25, 2005


Biryani was a big delicacy when growing up..reserved only for those special occasions like Easter or Christmas, this dish took hours of preparation. These days biryani is available almost everywhere and there are restaurants totally devoted to biryani.One such place is the Biryani Merchant in Banglore.
For me, biryani brings back mouthwatering memories of weddings and many more great occasions where it was served. Now that I have a family of my own, Biryani has become a main entree for those special entertainment nights. So,for Easter dinner, this was my pick and S agreed. Besides, it has been some time since we had non-vegetarian due to Lent. Now comes the hard decision, mutton(lamb) biryani, chicken biryani or shrimp biryani? hmmmm....Ok..I found a new exciting recipe which I wanna try..so,lets do chicken. The best part of this recipe is that it is really detailed and when you are making a dish this extensive, I like the detailed recipes. I am sure there are tons of posts with shortcut ways of making biryani, but hey,the real biryani needs lots of efforts and is well worth it. So, if you have commitment issues,I suggest you go to a restaurant that serves good biryani.

We have invited one of our best friends over for dinner tomorrow. Since I will be working again on Easter day, we decided to celebrate Easter on Saturday night. Will let you know how it goes...
Posted by Hello